Our products are about people; developed to help connect people-with-people.
“People like to feel connected and be acknowledged in ways that affirm who they truly are, or wish to be.”
- “It was a very long day. I wanted to go home and relax. Within 15 minutes of walking through the door I was asked if I had done something and when I said that I hadn’t done it yet – all I heard was how I don’t do anything that I am asked! But, I do! Why can’t anyone see that?! All I hear about is what I don’t do …”
- “I know my family appreciates what I do and I do it because I love them. Yet, honestly – it would be nice to know that they see what I do and are thankful.”
- “I thought I conveyed to my wife how much she means to me, but I guess she needed more than a couple big moments – she really needed those frequent, smaller moments that simply said, ‘I think of you’.”
- “My husband works really hard for us. Still, I get annoyed when he comes home and doesn’t do much to help me. I know I should say, ‘thank you’ for what he does for us, but when I think of it – he is typically at work! And when he gets home – I get annoyed!”
- “I am so proud of my kids. They are getting to that awkward stage though where they don’t really want to hear me say anything kind, or loving, to them; it is like it embarrasses them.”
- “I don’t see my kids very much. I work a lot, and sometimes take classes so I can get a better job. I feel like when I see them it is about chores, friends, school, things they need, etc. – it makes me feel sad and disconnected. But, they know I love them. At least I hope they know I love them; I work so hard for them.”
- “They just don’t even care. I bet I could leave and they wouldn’t even notice. By the time they did notice – it would be too late.”
It is easy for anyone to recall a moment in their lives when they felt a lack of being appreciated, or recognized; doubt about themselves; worries about relationships; and memories of sadness; loneliness; frustration; disappointment, and … The scenarios can be endless. Question is – are those closest to us feeling like this? Are you wondering – do I adequately show how much those closest to me mean? Those I live with, work with, and love.
The Appreciation Board® is a simple tool meant to help you.
When we share positive words that help convey how we feel or think to our spouse/partner; our children; our roommates we do something pretty amazing. We help give them confidence, assurance, affirmation, validation, and knowledge that they matter. (and they to you … )
There is no place as special and valued as ‘home’. With the Appreciation Board® it doesn’t matter the time, where someone else is, or their age – when they come to the most important place in the world – home – they feel acknowledged and appreciated.
To get an Appreciation Board® and take advantage of our free shipping, visit our secure store.
Become a collaborative partner with Expressive Connections and bring the Appreciation Board® to businesses, community centers, youth centers, senior centers, faith-based organizations, non-profit organizations, and schools (PreK – 12). Learn more by contacting us.
Now let’s learn about our Share Appreciation™ cards – the wallet-sized opportunities to build, strengthen, and encourage others.